Saturday, August 8, 2009

Okay. OKAY!

I've had some requests for pictures of the new do:

...and I can't even make a non-ridiculous face!




PSYCH!

I did NOT do that to my hair.

But I did have a bf that had a birthday, and celebration was past-due. I wanted to take her somewhere special for her birthday. somewhere classy.
AND I may have wanted to prove that I was smarter than her.


REWIND one month:

Remi: Elizabeth! I'm cutting my hair! Short! Hooray! (lots of excitement)

E: Remi, you CANNOT cut your hair. You can't pull of short hair. (excitement killer)

Remi: (wide-mouth, wide-eyed "I can't believe she just said that" face)WHAT???!!!! YES I CAN (VERY offended) Everyone looks better with shorter hair! Katie Holmes, for example.

E: PICTURES Rem. NOT reality. People spend hours making her look like that.

Remi: I've been searching PAPARAZZI photos, Elizabeth (still VERY offended that she wouldn't think I would practice very accurate research)

E: Those are pictures, not real life. Real life is different.

Remi: Whatever. EVERYONE looks better with short hair. (still VERY offended...probably stomped away like a stubborn child)

So....OBVIOUSLY I had to set out to prove her wrong, right? when would be a better day to do that very thing than on her birthday?! I know not.

I gave her a few weeks to forget the conversation, and then planned her birthday party. Here's some other ideas.

flashback of the first day of 6th grade. a reminder
why I haven't gone short since.

I'm always saying really profound things, so I'm glad she caught this one on camera. I must be saying something about the Sound of Music.


oh.my.gosh. My head is huge.

I think I made my point with the above picture. she's beautiful.

But, is it just me, or does this picture look more like a glamour shot than any others???

They didn't have any that were any shorter than these....which was what I really wanted.

BEST part of the shananagans......buying wig caps, talking about why they only let you try on three unless you have a wig cap on to prevent from health issues. I open it, and its full of HOLES! I ask how in the WORLD this keeps lice out? They say it just does. I ask about more safety precautions they take in their store, and if they'd ever had problems with lice, to which one of the girls said, "Just in Kindergarten. Well, lots of times in Kindergarten."
Blank stares.
Wondering if she ever tried on one of OUR wigs......a little nervous. and itchy.

This is what is looks like currently. pretty much the same. But I WILL cut it!!!! I will. I will......I just need cut ideas. and a wider variety of wigs.

6 comments:

Michaelson Family said...

Ok, Rem~
You are hilarious. I totally thought you cut it after I saw the first picture...
Good one!

Kylan said...

Vindicated. You could totally pull it off. All of them.

Sharmyn said...

Oi the mullet! Joan Jetts got nuthin on you girlie.

Adria said...

i really like your long hair. hey we changed our blog address to adriaandmark.blogspot.com

mrs. timberlake said...

I think you channeled my Ricks Photo Id in at least three of these pictorials.

love the remi.

elise said...

I totally know the photo you are talking about on the first day of school, just make the wig blond and you are there.