
Remember what it was like to date? Sometimes I miss that. The excitement of having them pick you up, keeping your cool knowing when he walks in that every one of your 11 roommates (like he doesn't know you only have 5 and the rest of them are neighbors that wanted a sneak peak) are watching every move he makes, stealing a look backwards as you get in the car to see your roommates peaking through the curtains to see if he opened your door, and interpreting every touch, every move, and every word.
But then I remember this:
I just moved to Idaho for school, after a long relationship with a not-so-good-for-me boyfriend. My sister was in love with a kid that was 6 years her senior and who, shortly after I helped her stalk him, asked me out. Well, I THOUGHT he asked me out.
He called me and asked if I was going to the rodeo (Idaho, right?) and I told him I was, to which he replied "so I'll see you there?". I said yes, and then he asked what I was doing afterward. When I said I didn't know, he said to find him after the rodeo because he was judging the bull-riding (he wasn't a cowboy, btw). He wanted to hang out with me and we'd figure it out then.
I go (I get all gussied up, THEN go), and as promised, he was judging. And, as promised, I saw him afterward. In the crowd. Then, after assuring my roommates I'd be fine, was left alone, wandering the indoor rodeo grounds for him, SURE that he was busy on some post rodeo judge meeting. Alas, I found a man walking alone, asked if he had seen him, and he said he had left an hour ago.
So I called him. AND he answered. AND he was on a date with his girlfriend.
Note to girlfriend: I did not know you existed. But I hope you thought it fishy when your bf answered a phone call on YOUR date and invited me to come, my own transportation of course.
I found a ride home.
And then I dated him for a while. Pathetic.
But then I remember this:
I just moved to Idaho for school, after a long relationship with a not-so-good-for-me boyfriend. My sister was in love with a kid that was 6 years her senior and who, shortly after I helped her stalk him, asked me out. Well, I THOUGHT he asked me out.
He called me and asked if I was going to the rodeo (Idaho, right?) and I told him I was, to which he replied "so I'll see you there?". I said yes, and then he asked what I was doing afterward. When I said I didn't know, he said to find him after the rodeo because he was judging the bull-riding (he wasn't a cowboy, btw). He wanted to hang out with me and we'd figure it out then.
I go (I get all gussied up, THEN go), and as promised, he was judging. And, as promised, I saw him afterward. In the crowd. Then, after assuring my roommates I'd be fine, was left alone, wandering the indoor rodeo grounds for him, SURE that he was busy on some post rodeo judge meeting. Alas, I found a man walking alone, asked if he had seen him, and he said he had left an hour ago.
So I called him. AND he answered. AND he was on a date with his girlfriend.
Note to girlfriend: I did not know you existed. But I hope you thought it fishy when your bf answered a phone call on YOUR date and invited me to come, my own transportation of course.
I found a ride home.
And then I dated him for a while. Pathetic.
And I feel pretty lucky that I'm with this guy 24/7.

4 comments:
ok. we were roommates when this happened? this sounds vaguely familiar....
Don't even get me started...
You and Cole are PERFECT for each other!!!
I can't believe you went out with him after he basically was willing to cheat on his gf. LOSER!! you are worth more.. and you got the man you deserve... you and cole are adorable.
Cole is such a hunk (man to man). Couldn't be a happier brother-in-law. Thanks for all you do for Remi, can't tell you how happy it makes us to see her so happy. We love you guys.
Post a Comment